1.EAST KENTWOOD – A string of five straight shutouts was snapped in a 2-1 win over a good Okemos club. The Falcons can’t be denied the top spot.
2. UNITY CHRISTIAN – Will the Crusaders lose a regular season game?
3. FOREST HILLS CENTRAL – Rangers (8-1 overall) 4-0 in the O-K Black and cruising following wins against Kenowa Hills, Holland and Mona Shores.
4. LOWELL – Red Arrows 10-0-1 with wins over Greenville and Creston. Will get a mid-season measurement of the fourth ranked Division 2 Red Arrows on Sept. 27 when Lowell hosts FHC.
5. NORTHVIEW – Only loss a 4-2 decision to Unity Chrisitan. Defending Division 2 state champs tied Lowell and appear to be hitting that championship stride.
6. GRAND HAVEN – Big league win over Rockford. Bucs showing they will be a tough out come playoffs.
7. ROCKFORD – Rams 8-4 with tough loss to Grand Haven.
8. SOUTH CHRISTIAN – Wins against Forest Hills Eastern, Caledonia and Hastings have the Sailors atop the league and looking good.
9. FOREST HILLS NORTHERN – Huskies (6-0) are the team to catch in the O-K Blue.
10. GRAND RAPIDS CHRISTIAN - Loss to Unity Christian and tie against East may indicate a good but not great year for Eagles, however, there is still time to make a move in the O-K White.
Filed under: Soccer